Problem Gambling Training - Service Members & Veterans / Dover, DE
The Delaware Council on Gambling Problems, Inc., in partnership with the National Council on Problem Gambling and Dover Downs Hotel and Casino proudly present
Service Members, Veterans and Gambling Addiction
A program to educate and raise awareness of gambling and other addictions among military and veterans.
Participants include: mental health/addiction professionals; members of the Veterans Administraton; representatives of the Dover Airforce Base and Delaware Air National Guard; Delaware Legislators and Judges; Veterans Outreach Specialists; leaders in law enforcement, including members of the Veterans Response Team and the Division of Gaming Enforcement; local and national leaders in the field of problem gambling and veterans issues; and veterans in recovery.
The program’s keynote speaker is Dr. Heather Chapman, Director of the Brecksville Gambling Treatment Program and Deputy Director of the Veterans Addiction Recovery Center, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center. Dr. Chapman runs the only inpatient gambling program within the national VA system.
This program offers 6.5 hours of CEU credits.
March 15, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Registration begins at 8am)
Dover Downs Hotel Conference Center
1131 N. DuPont Hwy.
Dover, DE 19901
• Fundamentals of Gambling Disorder
• Impact of Gambling Addiction on Service Members, Veterans and Loved Ones
• Delaware Resources for Service Members, Veterans (& families) with Gambling & Other Addictions
• Law Enforcement’s Response to Service Members & Veterans with Gambling & Other Addictions
• Justice Involved Veterans and Delaware’s Veterans Treatment Court
• National Trends: Gambling and Other Addiction Issues Facing Service Members and Veterans
- Dr. Heather Chapman
- Director – Brecksville Gambling Treatment Program, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Ctr
- The Honorable Anthony Delcollo
- Delaware State Senator for the 7th District
- VJO Cecilia Gonzalez
- Veteran Justice Outreach Specialist
- Detective David Hanich
- Delaware State Police, Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE)
- The Honorable Jan R. Jurden
- President Judge, Superior Court of Delaware
- Director Larence Kirby
- Executive Director, Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs
- Detective Brian Shahan
- Commander – NCCPD Crisis Negotiation Team (CNT) & NCCPD Veterans Response Team (VRT)
- Arlene Simon
- Executive Director, Delaware Council on Gambling Problems
- Keith S. Whyte
- Executive Director, National Council on Problem Gambling
- The Honorable William L. Witham, Jr.
- Kent County Resident Judge & Veterans Treatment Court Judge, Superior Court of Delaware
Click HERE for more information, and to register