Mercer County Problem Gambling Webinar: The State of PA
A FREE webinar offered by Mercer County Behavioral Health Commission, Inc.
In October 2017 a major gambling expansion bill was passed in Pennsylvania, allowing for the possibility of more legalized gambling than ever before. Over the past couple of years, we have seen the launch of several new types of gambling, with more being made available soon. It is vital for treatment and prevention professionals to not only be aware of this expansion in order to better serve clients, but also to have a better understanding of the activities that may lead to new populations of clients. In addition, it is also vital to recognize the continuing popularity and expansion of video gaming, and the many connections it has to gambling.
- Josh Ercole, Executive Director, CCGP
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with at least three new forms of legislated gambling in Pennsylvania
- Discuss the potential impact of expanded gambling on existing clients, and how it may also lead to problems with a new population of clients
- Identify the protections that have been included in newly legislated gambling, and how this may differ from previously legislated gambling
- Identify the potential risks and overlap between gaming and gambling
This live program has been approved by the PA Certification Board for 1.0 hours of continuing education credit
Cost for PA Cert Board CEs – No Cost
This live program has been approved by NCPG for International Certified Gambling Counselor continuing education – attendees who complete the live webinar will be eligible to receive 1.0 hours of credit
Cost for National Gambling Certification CEs – No Cost
For more information, or to register for this webinar, please click HERE