MD 2017-18 WEBINAR Series: Responsible Gambling Practices for the Individual/Broader Community
A FREE webinar offered by the University of Maryland School of Medicine and the Maryland Center for Excellence on Problem Gambling
Responsible Gambling Practices for the Individual/Broader Community
Welcome to a series of free webinars designed to provide additional problem gambling clinical training on a variety of topics.
These webinars are presented by:
- Lori Rugle, PhD, ICGC II, BACC – Program Director
- Jeffrey M. Beck, LPC, ICGC II, JD, CART, MTC, ABD – Clinical Director
- Carl Robertson, MRE, MDiv – Prevention Manager
Friday, January 26, 2018
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency is committed to the practice of Responsible Gambling. Moderated by the Responsible Gambling Coordinator for the Maryland Lottery, this presentation will define the concept of Responsible Gambling and what that means for individuals and communities. Key elements of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency’s Responsible Gambling program will be described including: Responsible Gambling training for casino, lottery and bingo staff as well as lottery retailers, responsible advertising, the Alliance for Responsible Gambling and the Voluntary Exclusion Program.
Attendees should be able to:
- Define responsible gambling and the key elements of a responsible gambling code of conduct
- Gain an awareness of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency’s Responsible Gambling activities
- Describe how Maryland’s Voluntary Exclusion Program (VEP) functions and how individuals can enroll
For more information, or to register for this webinar, please click HERE