Philadelphia Problem Gambling Morning Workshop
The Office of Behavioral Health, Prevention/Gambling Unit, is offering a workshop presented by the Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania, Inc.
Gambling is a fast growing industry and while the funds seem to help the community there are under discussed ramifications for the role gambling plays in the life of a person dealing with problem gambling. This training will provide insight into gambling addiction, precipitating factors and how you can help. CEU’s will be provided to those requesting training hours.
- Brief review of gambling disorder
- DSM 5 changes regarding problematic gambling
- Identify ways of bringing problem/disordered gambling out of hiding
- Identify the role stigma plays
- Review trauma’s relationship with gambling
- Review few screening instruments commonly used
- Review importance of “self-exclusion” as a tool
- Impact of problem/disordered gambling on family/significant others
- Review do’s and don’ts for family/significant others
- Implications for social workers, mental health clinicians & substance abuse counselors
- Review of available resources – Where to go for help
George Mladenetz, M.Ed, LCADC, ICGC-I
Council of Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey, Inc.
For more information, or to register, please click HERE
****Continental breakfast will be served