Pittsburgh - Free Gambling Disorder Training
The Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania, Inc. and the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work present
“What’s NEW in Gambling, Even for Experienced Clinicians”
This advanced course is designed to provide updates from the gambling industry and discuss how they impact delivery of care and intervention approaches for clinicians. With the expansion of online gambling and gaming, this course will review terminology, provide demos and generate discussions about the latest technology advances.
We will review technology interventions and solutions and determine the clinical and ethical challenges on the horizon in the counseling profession. And lastly, this course will review evidence-based interventions and how to apply them through the use of technology, effectively.
Goals & Objectives
Upon completing this session, participants will:
- Become educated on new advances in the gaming industry by reviewing various online gaming and gambling sites and discussing clinical implications in order to increase their knowledge of at-risk behaviors/activities of their clients.
- Gain insight into the full continuum of Harm Reduction interventions through interactive lecture in order to increase their ability to assess and intervene in a clinically appropriate manner with their clients.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge of mental health technology solutions, including apps and software platforms, to increase their competence and skills in providing up to date clinical care.
- Increase knowledge of evidence-based interventions specific to gambling addiction and treatment interventions.
- Practice applying clinical techniques to gambling disorder through the use of case studies and group work to determine the pros and cons of implementing into clinical practice.
Date & Time
November 27, 2018
9:00 – 4:00 (8:30 registration)
University of Pittsburgh – Cathedral of Learning
4200 Fifth Avenue – 20th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Jody Bechtold, LCSW, ICGC-II, BACC – CEO & Founder, The Better Institute
Social Work Continuing Education credits will be available for purchase onsite – the cost for credits will be $10, payable by cash or check only.
This program is offered for 6 hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education accredited school and, therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social work continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. For information on social work continuing education call (412) 624-3711.
To register online, please click HERE
Please contact Josh Ercole at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions