(Thursday) 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
2400 Old Lincoln Hwy, Trevose, PA 19053
2019 CCGP Statewide East Conference will focus on: The current state of gambling in the region, and throughout the country, and the impact this may have on individuals experiencing problems,
2019 CCGP Statewide East Conference
will focus on:
- The current state of gambling in the region, and throughout the country, and the impact this may have on individuals experiencing problems, and on those who may be at risk
- Important considerations for criminal charges that gambling clients may be facing
- Using technology to reach out individuals who may not have access to physical, on-site assistance
Victor Ortiz, MSW, LADC-I, CADC-II
National Presenter – Boston, MA
Stephen Block, CPGC, ICGC-II
New York Council on Problem Gambling
Jody Bechtold, LCSW, ICGC-II, BACC, PC
CEO and Co-Founder, The Better Institute
8:00-8:30 – Registration & Breakfast
8:30-8:45 – Welcome & Opening Remarks
8:45-10:15 – Victor Ortiz, MSW, LADC-I, CADC-II
“Problem Gambling: Past, Present and Future – A Need for a Public Health Response”
10:15-10:30 – Morning Break
10:30-12:00 – Victor Ortiz, MSW, LADC-I, CADC-II
“Problem Gambling: Past, Present and Future – A Need for a Public Health Response”, cont.
12:00-12:45 – Lunch
12:45-2:15 – Stephen Block, CPGC, ICGC-II
“Problem Gambling and Criminal Activity”
2:15-2:30 – Afternoon Break
2:30-4:00 – Jody Bechtold, LCSW, ICGC-II, BACC, PC
“Technology: Working with Problem Gamblers”
4:00 – Closing Remarks
At the conclusion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss social determents of health due to problem gambling and identify a public health framework for establishing an approach toward addressing this disorder
- Review criminal activities often associated with problem gambling and possess detailed knowledge of the role in evaluating, treating and educating the legal system about problem gambling
- Articulate challenges to using technology and health apps with clients, including potential ethical issues related to using them, including confidentiality/privacy, informed consent, and competence
- Become familiar with applying HIPAA Privacy Rule to electronic documentation requirements, specifically for problem gambling clients
- The Pennsylvania Lottery
- Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
- Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Our Gaming Partners
This program is offered for 6.0 hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education-accredited school and, therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. For information on social work continuing education call (412) 624-3711.
$10 fee for Continuing Education Credit for Social Work
(Approved by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work)
National Gambling Credits
All attendees will receive National Gambling Certification Credits at no additional charge.
Pennsylvania Certification Board
This program has been PCB Approved for six (6.0) hours.
A discounted block of sleeping rooms have been reserved for conference attendees. Please contact the Radisson Hotel Northeast Philadelphia at 215-638-8300 to make arrangements.
Limited exhibit space will be made available. Please contact Josh Ercole at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A limited number of scholarships have generously been made available by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs – for more information, or to apply, please contact Josh Ercole at email@example.com
To register, select your registration type and click the “Buy Now” button. If you are purchasing CEUs, please provide your first and last name for the credits.
Print option: you may also print and send in this Registration_Form.
Please note: Registering for this conference will result in future monthly emails from CCGP, promoting events that will be held throughout the year