The Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania (CCGP) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization affiliated with the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) and a preferred provider of the International Gambling Counselor Certification Board (IGCCB).
Our purpose is to educate and disseminate information on compulsive gambling and to facilitate referrals to help. The Pennsylvania Council provides speakers, workshops, seminars, and information on this public health problem to business, industry and labor groups, schools and colleges, health care and treatment facilities, and to community and religious organizations.
Those Looking for Help
We assist individuals in Pennsylvania who are seeking more information about, or help for, gambling problems. The CCGP manages the 24/7, free and confidential Problem Gambling Helpline in Pennsylvania. We refer all callers to the closest resources, which may include local trained clinicians, or nearby Gamblers Anonymous or Gam-Anon meetings.
Those Providing Help
We also act as support for professionals in Pennsylvania who provide assistance or treatment services to individuals who are experiencing issues related to gambling.
- 24/7 live clinical referral center since February of 2007
- Thousands of PA therapists have completed our 30 hour Level # 1 clinical training
- Hundreds of PA therapists have completed our 30 hour Level # 2 course
- The Council has completed a (3) year state paid Prevention Program called “Smart Choices” addressing Prevention for Adolescent Problem Gambling
Josh joined the CCGP in April 2013. He manages the daily operations of the organization and oversees strategic planning and program development. Josh has trained thousands of casino team members, clinicians, students and other professionals about warning signs of problem gambling and available resources for help. In addition, Josh works very closely with guest presenters and trainers in the scheduling and facilitating of workshops throughout Pennsylvania. Josh regularly represents the Council at industry conferences.
- Jack Wolf (deceased), the founder of Gamblers Anonymous in Pennsylvania, South Jersey & Delaware.
- Angelo Salvatore (deceased)
- Yvonne Kaye, Ph.D.
- Jim Pappas (deceased)