The Council on Compulsive Gambling of Pennsylvania is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization affiliated with the National Council on Problem Gambling. Our purpose is to educate and disseminate information on compulsive gambling and to facilitate referrals. The Pennsylvania Council provides speakers, workshops, seminars, and information on this public health problem to business, industry and labor groups, schools and colleges, health care and treatment facilities, and to community and religious organizations.
Those Seeking Help
We assist those seeking help for a gambling problem in the state of Pennsylvania. The CCGP manages the 24/7, free and confidential Problem Gambling Helpline in Pennsylvania. We refer all callers to the closest resources, which may include a local trained clinician, Gamblers Anonymous or Gamanon meeting.
Those Providing Help
We also support professionals who provide counsel and help to people with a gambling problem.
- 24/7 live clinical referral center since February of 2007
- Thousands of PA therapists have completed our 30 hour Level # 1 clinical training
- Hundreds of PA therapists have completed our 30 hour Level # 2 course
- The Council has completed a (3) year state paid Prevention Program called “Smart Choices” addressing Prevention for Adolescent Problem Gambling
Josh joined the CCGP in April 2013. He manages the daily operations of the organization and oversees strategic planning and program development. Josh has trained thousands of casino team members, clinicians, students and other professionals about warning signs of problem gambling and available resources for help. In addition, Josh works very closely with guest presenters and trainers in the scheduling and facilitating of workshops throughout Pennsylvania. Josh regularly represents the Council at industry conferences.
- Jack Wolf (deceased), the founder of Gamblers Anonymous in Pennsylvania, South Jersey & Delaware.
- Angelo Salvatore (deceased)
- Yvonne Kaye, Ph.D.
- Jim Pappas (deceased)