Lackawanna County Problem Gambling Webinar
A FREE webinar offered by Lackawanna / Susquehanna Office of Drug and Alcohol Programs
Today, more people have access to, and are participating in, gambling and gaming activities than ever before. While the majority of the population is able to participate in these types of activities without developing any issues, there are a small percentage of people who are unable to maintain responsible levels of play. Unfortunately for these individuals, this often progresses to a point where several areas of their lives are impacted in a negative way.
During this program participants will learn about the problems that may be associated with each, how the problems may develop and overlap, and what help is available for someone who is suffering from gambling disorder and gaming addiction.
- Josh Ercole, Executive Director, CCGP
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with factors included in the development of problematic gambling and gaming
- Identify prevalence rates and risk factors of disordered gambling
- Discuss warning signs and how to address the issues
- Have awareness of available local resources
- Identify the potential risks and overlap between gaming and gambling
This live program has been approved by the PA Certification Board for 1.0 hours of continuing education credit
Cost for PA Cert Board CEs – No Cost
This live program has been approved by NCPG for International Certified Gambling Counselor continuing education – attendees who complete the live webinar will be eligible to receive 1.0 hours of credit
Cost for National Gambling Certification CEs – No Cost
For more information, or to register for this webinar, please click HERE – if asked for a password, please use LACKAWANNA