MD FY20 WEBINAR Series: Positive Psychology
A FREE webinar offered by the Maryland Center for Excellence on Problem Gambling
Positive Psychology: A Strength Based Approach to Working with Gamblers
The Maryland Center for Excellence on Problem Gambling provides free webinars designed to provide additional clinical training on a variety of topics. The webinars are offered once a month, and award one (1) CEU for each webinar.
- Anthony Parente, M.A., LCPC, NCC, MAC, ICGC II, BACC
Positive Psychology is a strength based approach to working with others which enhances their ability to thrive. This workshop will teach the clinician how to use Positive Psychology in their work with gamblers and their families. Learn ways to help clients use their positive attributes in order to create the conditions for a successful recovery and increased life satisfaction. This workshop will teach helping professionals how to assist clients to experience ways to improve their ability to experience positive emotions, gratitude, and live a meaningful life. Positive Psychology helps clients to cultivate the best within themselves. Join us for this uplifting exploration of the good that lies within each of us.
Attendees should be able to:
- Learn what Positive Psychology is and how it can be applied
- Learn how a strength based approach to gambling treatment helps to improve treatment outcomes
- Develop a greater understanding of how to employ the principals of Positive Psychology into healthy lifestyle choices for the gambler and their families
- Learn how to create the therapeutic conditions to allow our clients to thrive
For more information, or to register for this webinar, please click HERE