(Thursday) 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
2400 Old Lincoln Hwy, Trevose, PA 19053
2017 Statewide East Conference will focus on: Potential risks associated with social and online gambling participation Identification and establishing of principles for meaningful recovery Self-Exclusion in Pennsylvania as a
2017 Statewide East Conference
will focus on:
- Potential risks associated with social and online gambling participation
- Identification and establishing of principles for meaningful recovery
- Self-Exclusion in Pennsylvania as a resource for assisting disordered gambling treatment approaches
- Utilization of simple waking hypnosis techniques as a way to assist clients experiencing problem gambling related issues
Daniel J. Trolaro, MS
Assistant Executive Director, Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey
Director, Office of Compulsive and Problem Gambling, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
Anthony F. De Marco, LL.B., Ph.D., DNGH
Advisory Board Chairman, Academy of Professional Hypnosis, Board Member of Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey
|8:00-8:30||Registration & Breakfast|
|8:30-8:45||Welcome & Opening Remarks|
|8:45-10:15||Daniel J. Trolaro, MS
“From Social Gaming to Internet Gambling: Identifying the Connection, Addressing the Issues, and Establishing Meaningful Recovery Principles”
|10:30-12:00||Daniel J. Trolaro, MS
“From Social Gaming to Internet Gambling: Identifying the Connection, Addressing the Issues, and Establishing Meaningful Recovery Principles” cont.
“Self Exclusion & PGCB Update”
|2:30-4:00||Anthony F. De Marco, LL.B., Ph.D., DNGH
“Waking Hypnosis for Non-Hypnotists”
At the conclusion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss connections and risks of progression from social gaming to internet gaming to disordered gambling
- Identify issues surrounding the behavioral and psychological aspects of social gaming and disordered gambling
- Relay information about Self-Exclusion as a resource to clients presenting with potential gambling related issues
- Stimulate compulsive gamblers to the further use of their own imagination for rehabilitative purposes
- Explain to clients ways to imagine and create hope where they may be little, or none
- The Pennsylvania Lottery
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
- Our Gaming Partners
This program is offered for 6.0 hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education-accredited school and, therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. For information on social work continuing education call (412) 624-3711.
$10 fee for Continuing Education Credit for Social Work
(Approved by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work)
National Gambling Credits
All attendees will receive National Gambling Credits at no additional charge.
A discounted block of sleeping rooms have been reserved for conference attendees. Please contact the Radisson Hotel Northeast Philadelphia at 215-638-8300 to make arrangements.
Limited exhibit space will be made available. Please contact Josh Ercole at email@example.com for more information.
A limited number of scholarships have been made available by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs – for more information, or to apply, please contact Josh Ercole at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, select your registration type and click the “Buy Now” button. If you are purchasing CEUs, please provide your first and last name for the credits.
Print option: you may also print and send in this Registration Form.