(Thursday) 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wyndham University Center Pittsburgh
100 Lytton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
2017 Statewide West Conference will focus on: The relationship of social costs on a public health level with regard to problematic gambling Self-Exclusion in Pennsylvania as a resource for
2017 Statewide West Conference
will focus on:
- The relationship of social costs on a public health level with regard to problematic gambling
- Self-Exclusion in Pennsylvania as a resource for assisting disordered gambling treatment approaches
- Current trends, challenges, and opportunities in the field of problem gambling
- How food choices can affect a person’s mood and assist, or work against, treatment approaches
Victor Ortiz, MSW
Massachusetts, Guest Speaker
Director, Office of Compulsive and Problem Gambling, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
Kathleen D. Zamperini, MA, M.Ed., LPC, NCGC-I
Director of Counseling, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh
|8:00-8:30||Registration & Breakfast|
|8:30-8:45||Welcome & Opening Remarks|
|8:45-10:15||Victor Ortiz, MSW
“Problem Gambling a Public Health Perspective: New Challenges and Opportunities”
|10:30-12:00||Victor Ortiz, MSW
“Problem Gambling a Public Health Perspective”, cont.
“Self Exclusion & PGCB Update”
|2:30-4:00||Kathleen D. Zamperini, MA, M.Ed., LPC, NCGC-I
“Food, Mood, and Gambling: Exploring the Role of Nutrition in Treatment”
At the conclusion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Identify a public health frame work for gambling disorders
- Discuss effective steps toward establishing a public health approach to address problem gambling
- Relay information about Self-Exclusion as a resource to clients presenting with potential gambling related issues
- Assess self-knowledge and learn how to better assist clients to develop a self-care plan regarding healthful diet options to assist recovery
- Identify and establish principles for meaningful recovery
- The Pennsylvania Lottery
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
- Our Gaming Partners
This program is offered for 6.0 hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education-accredited school and, therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. For information on social work continuing education call (412) 624-3711.
$10 fee for Continuing Education Credit for Social Work
(Approved by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work)
National Gambling Credits
All attendees will receive National Gambling Credits at no additional charge.
A discounted block of rooms have been reserved. Please contact the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center at 412-682-6200 to make arrangements.
Limited exhibit space will be made available. Please contact Josh Ercole at email@example.com for more information.
A limited number of scholarships have been made available by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs – for more information, or to apply, please contact Josh Ercole at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, select your registration type and click the “Buy Now” button. If you are purchasing CEUs, please provide your first and last name for the credits
Print option: you may also print and send in this Registration Form.