(Thursday) 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wyndham University Center Pittsburgh
100 Lytton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
2019 CCGP Statewide West Conference will focus on: Evidence based treatment problem gambling treatment successes and shortcomings The use of Solution Focused Brief Therapy with clients experiencing gambling related
2019 CCGP Statewide West Conference
will focus on:
- Evidence based treatment problem gambling treatment successes and shortcomings
- The use of Solution Focused Brief Therapy with clients experiencing gambling related issues
- The importance of addressing grief in problem gambling treatment
Dr. Jon E. Grant, JD, MD, MPH
Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience – The University of Chicago – Chicago, IL
Nancy Milliron, MS, CADC, LPC (ret), CCMS, CCPG
Deborah Haskins, Ph.D., LCPC, ACS, MAC, ICGC-II
President, Maryland Council on Problem Gambling
8:00-8:30 – Registration & Breakfast
8:30-8:45 – Welcome & Opening Remarks
8:45-10:15 – Jon E. Grant, JD, MD, MPH
“Evidence Based Tx for Problem Gambling: What Do We Know & What Do We Need to Learn?”
10:15-10:30 – Morning Break
10:30-12:00 – Jon E. Grant, JD, MD, MPH
“Evidence Based Tx for Problem Gambling”, cont.
12:00-12:45 – Lunch
12:45-2:15 – Nancy Milliron, MS, CADC, LPC (ret), CCMS, CCPG
“Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Gambling Disorder”
2:15-2:30 – Afternoon Break
2:30-4:00 – Deborah Haskins, Ph.D., LCPC, ACS, MAC, ICGC-II
“This is too Hard!! Helping Problem Gamblers Breathe through Grief and Loss”
4:00 – Closing Remarks
At the conclusion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss targets of treatment and learn how to assess improvement
- Identify various problem gambling interventions that are supported by scientific data
- Discuss where the field should focus moving forward to fill the gaps of treatment
- Increase own comfort to explore grief and loss as a mental health professional
- Identify the influence of grief and loss experiences among those with a gambling disorder
- Learn 3 evidence-informed grief and loss approaches to integrate into problem gambling treatment and ongoing recovery management and suggestions for community outreach
- Discuss the use of Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) as an approach to assist those experiencing gambling related issues to become engaged in the treatment process
- The Pennsylvania Lottery
- Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
- Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Our Gaming Partners
This program is offered for 6.0 hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education-accredited school and, therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. For information on social work continuing education call (412) 624-3711.
$10 fee for Continuing Education Credit for Social Work
(Approved by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work)
National Gambling Credits
All attendees will receive National Gambling Certification Credits at no additional charge.
Pennsylvania Certification Board
This program has been PCB Approved for six (6.0) hours.
A discounted block of sleeping rooms have been reserved for conference attendees. Please contact the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center at 412-682-6200, or click HERE, to make arrangements. This block of rooms will be reserved until February 20, 2019, after which, rooms will not be guaranteed.
Limited exhibit space will be made available. Please contact Josh Ercole at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A limited number of scholarships have generously been made available by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs – for more information, or to apply, please contact Josh Ercole at email@example.com
To register, select your registration type and click the “Buy Now” button. If you are purchasing CEUs, please provide your first and last name for the credits.
Print option: you may also print and send in this Registration_Form.
Please note: Registering for this conference will result in future monthly emails from CCGP, promoting events that will be held throughout the year