2020 CCGP Statewide West Conference
2020 CCGP Statewide West Conference
will focus on:
- Top emerging trends related to gaming industry, gaming related public policy and other legal issues pertaining to gambling expansion, and adjustments needed to effectively provide services to problem gamblers
- The rising issue of commercial video game loot boxes, their impacts, and the threat they represent both to addiction specialists, addicts, and traditional responsible industry actors
- Program evaluation in clinical outpatient settings to enhance problem gambling treatment strategies
- First-hand accounts of a variety of recovery paths
Alyssa N. Wilson, PhD, BCBA-D, LBA
Associate Professor & Director of Applied Behavior Analysis Programs
School of Social Work, Saint Louis University – St. Louis, MO
Political Engagement Director – Consumers for Digital Fairness
Jody Bechtold, LCSW, ICGC-II, BACC
CEO and Co-Founder, The Better Institute
Board Approved Clinical Consultant (BACC)
8:00-8:30 – Registration & Breakfast
8:30-8:45 – Welcome & Opening Remarks
8:45-10:15 – Alyssa N. Wilson, PhD, BCBA-D, LBA
“The Future of Gambling is NOW: Emerging Trends to Watch in Industry, Policy and Service Provision”
10:15-10:30 – Morning Break
10:30-12:00 – Christopher Hansford
“Video Game Loot Boxes and the Regulatory Wilderness”
12:00-12:45 – Lunch
12:45-2:15 – Alyssa N. Wilson, PhD, BCBA-D, LBA & Jody Bechtold, LCSW, ICGC-II, BACC
“Program Evaluation with Problem Gambling: Lessons Learned from Collaborative Partnerships”
2:15-2:30 – Afternoon Break
2:30-4:00 – Jody Bechtold, LCSW, ICGC-II, BACC (Moderator)
“Recovery Panel Discussion”
4:00 – Closing Remarks
At the conclusion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss emerging trends in the gaming industry and related public policy, as well as impacts on current service provision for problem gamblers
- Identify what loot boxes are, where they came from, the massive impact of these products and the wide audience of consumers that they impact
- Use program evaluation results to enhance clinical practice for problem gambling treatment
- The Pennsylvania Lottery
- Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
- Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Our Gaming Partners
This program is offered for 6.0 hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education-accredited school and, therefore, a PA pre-approved provider of social continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal. For information on social work continuing education call (412) 624-6902.
$10 fee for Continuing Education Credit for Social Work
(Approved by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work)
National Gambling Credits
All attendees will receive National Gambling Certification Credits at no additional charge.
Pennsylvania Certification Board
This program has been PCB Approved for six (6.0) hours.
A discounted block of sleeping rooms have been reserved for conference attendees. Please contact the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center at 412-682-6200 to make arrangements. This block of rooms will be reserved until February 19, 2020, after which, rooms will not be guaranteed.
Limited exhibit space will be made available. Please contact Josh Ercole at email@example.com for more information.
A limited number of scholarships have generously been made available by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs – for more information, or to apply, please contact Josh Ercole at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, select your registration type and click the “Buy Now” button. If you are purchasing CEUs, please provide your first and last name for the credits.
Print option: you may also print and send in this Registration Form.
Please note: Registering for this conference will result in future monthly emails from CCGP, promoting events that will be held throughout the year.